Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Keep on Running...

I ran 12.5 miles this morning!  Yea!  I ran with Kim Richards.  We have such a good time figuring out life and coming up with some new healthy food to try.  It is one of my favorite times.  We ran past waterfalls, cows, cute houses.  We ran in our neighborhood, Valley Hills, the North Fields, out on the Legacy trail to the covered bridge and back home.  Perfect running weather. 

Kim picked up a penny and said that she picked it up because I always did :)  Then she told me a story that she had heard during a church meeting.  A man picked up a penny from the ground, rubbed it, smiled and put it in his pocket.  He was a wealthy man and the young woman watching him, later questioned him about it. 
She asked him why he bothered, he had so much money, and most people don't bother with pennies.  He replied with a question.  "What does it say on a penny?"  In God we trust.  He credited God with everything he had ever been blessed with would trust God to lead and direct his life. 

Sometime after the meeting, Kim was doing some laundry and three pennies dropped out of the pants.  She felt like it was one of Heavenly Father's tender mercies.  Never look at a penny the same again.  She is so inspirational to me.  Thanks, Kim for sharing and for being such a great part of my life.

The penny story reminds me of when I was in the MTC. They told us to have a continual prayer in our hearts. How do you do that? They suggested putting a penny in the bottom of our shoe, so that with every step, you feel the penny and remember, to "trust God" and continually "pray".

1 comment:

  1. Cute Blog! I will have to add you to mine and follow yours more closely! It is fun seeing pictures of your family. I was sorry to miss you and Uncle Travis on Saturday when I dropped in. Hope all is well. I will have to stop by some other time! Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete